Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

so low, really? + belated wishes to kyle !

well well, so it's finally come down to this.... I always wondered how ppl can find the time to write a blog in the office..... I just found out.. so damn bored right now.... I noticed that i've developed a peculiar habit.... I think in the exact manner as I write... as in, whatever's on my mind, I try and form a 'mental post' on it, and i actually rephrase my thoughts at times, just like I do my words in here , so tht they sound better .....so wierd....

But then again, I end up writing almost none of the stuff I think of at that time, when I make a mental note of "must write post on this".... As always, I still am pretty much spontaneous when it comes to these posts...

anyhow, u know how at work all of us use the "con call" facility , right? I kinda like the conference call concept, and so I decided to put it in use ...

Maybe I haven't said this earlier, but the closest knit circle of friends that I have consists of 4 other guys...all of us practically lived together in the hostel for all the 4 yrs of engg.....
and it's become really sad how all of us are now so busy with work/studies that we barely get a chance to catch up more than once or twice a month...



It was kyle's birthday yesterday, and almost 3 weeks ago, I had thought of this really lame practical joke...but I guessed there wasn't much more I cud do, since he's away for his MBA and we're not meeting up till like the end of July....

So, as usual, I'm trying to get my mind off office work (do that a lot :P ) and I called up the other guys individually, telling them what we're gonna do on kyle's b'day..

Here's what happened:

6th July, kyle's birthday....usually we'd call up a close friend at 12 in the night only, na, when the b'day starts....well, we didn't......6th afternoon, still no wishes for kyle.... I'd even asked all the guys not to scrap him on orkut....What I thought was that kyle wud probably start getting REALLY pissed off that none of us had wished him.... and he wud probably start thinking of how he would murder us all in the most gory ways .. and thats what happened, he later told me....well, not the murder part, but u get the picture....

Now comes evening and kyle's cell rings...and the four of us wish him together ! (con call, rembr ?).... what I also thought was that kyle wud be atleast surprised when he heard the wishes at 6 in the eve, but nope, he just sounded what he sounds like when he's either pissed or just woken up ( which means the same thing almost, with the guy... he'd look at the clock in the morning when it was time to wake up and say " bh****od subah ho gayi kya ?")

All in all, the whole deal didnt turn out to be as much fun as I thought it would be....and looking back, it really WAS a silly thing to do.... are we really getting that lame and boring? or is it just the "going to work everyday in the morn" concept that's sucked all the fun out ?? Have we really gone so low down the 'cool' ladder?

more on that later....for now, (belated) Happy b'day kyle!!! ... hope you don't think we're gonna phase you out just cuz you got yourself a new girl at college [ ha !] .....we never will ( Halo over my head.)


1 comment:

S.A.L. said...

Hey! How is it going? Yeah, I think it's the "jobs and responsibilities" that sucked out all the fun.

By the way, exams are over. Finally I'm a Graduate! Getting nostalgic thinking of all the amazing days that are spent with friends within these four years. Soon I'm gonna face the situation just like you described in your post. Things change, people change, priorities change... rules of life?